Monday, April 16, 2012

5 months old

Today Mark is 5 months old! He loves to listen to music. He will move his feet and hands to the music (and on this page there is a video of it). It is so cute to watch him. He loves when I sing to him. I sing hymns and primary songs and he will quiet down and listen. He loves to stand and as you hold his hands he will take 4 steps. He wants to walk before crawling. He shows us how much he loves us by his sweet hugs and how he stares and smiles at us. We love our sweet son Mark.

 Picture taken today at 5 months old

Before and Now
5 weeks being on the propranolol medication for his strawberry hemangioma.




Mark loves his monkey hat and loves when I put it on him. I found a winner, he didn't like any of the other hats I put on him.
Bro. Bankey is our ward mission leader and he is so good with Mark. He has grandchildren who he babysits. Sometime we will sit by Bro. Bankey at church and when Mark gets fussy I'll hand Mark over to him and Mark will stop instantly because Bro. Bankey gives him a firm and loving hold. Mark doesn't dare give him a peep. On Easter Sunday they asked people to join the choir and sing a hymn for Easter. So Bro. Bankey held Mark so Bret and I could go up there and sing. I really enjoyed singing in the Choir. I have meetings during choir practice so I am not able to be in the choir, but we enjoyed it on Easter Sunday.

Mark loves to hold and play with his feet even in the tub. Mark is getting chunky and I just want to squeeze him. So cute!!!

If you saw Marks belly button when he was a month old it was an outie. Doctor's told me that it will eventually go down and it has. His belly button looks great!

 Mark is now able sit up in his walker that we got from his baby shower.


 Mark just loves to be outside and moving. In the mornings I push him in his jogging stroller around our neighborhood. Now that he is able to sit up more I went to one of the parks on base and put him in the swing and he loved it.




I enjoy living on base as we start our family because there are parks and a safe neighborhood to walk around in. Mark loves to be outside just like his mom.


On Friday night April 13th we went to our friend's concert Stephen and Crystal. They use to live by us but then moved off base. We have become really good friends and do a lot of things together. Stephen and Crystal just made their first cd. It was fun to be able to hear them perform. Mark enjoyed it too. In this video watch Mark's hands and feet and listen to the sounds he is making.

1 comment:

  1. He's like dancing with the music, how fun. He reminds me of a belly dancer. :)
    He is so beautiful these days, I want to hug and squeeze him too. His nose is an absolute miracle. I am going to subscribe by email, because I'm like two weeks late on seeing your posts. Love to you all.

    ReplyDelete