Monday, April 30, 2012

Last night Bret went home teaching and I went to our Youth Fireside. It was on Missionary work and we had the Senior Missionary couple come speak on Missionary work and then our full-time missionaries came and did role play with the youth. It was a really good Fireside.The spirit was there and we learned a lot and now need to go and apply what we learned. Mark is teething so he was a little fussy. Today my friend needed me to watch her son Mathew (she spells it that way). He is so adorable. He is 2 months older then Mark, so he is more mobile. He is crawling and moving around. I want Mark to be around other babies, so he can learn that it is not all about Mark all the time being the only child. Right now we don't live close to all his cousins, but maybe someday we will. Or maybe we just need to have another baby so Mark will have someone to play with especially since we aren't around all his cousins and we won't be for a while being in the military. Mark needs someone to play with, he gets board so easy and needs to be entertained all the time. We always felt that Mark and our next one should be close in age, so that they can be each others friends especially as they get older. We shall see what happens, but I know that the Lord will continue to lead and guide us. I have come to the point in my life that I am done doing things my way, I want to do the Lord's will and I know that with his help I can do hard things. He will give me the strength and courage that I need. I love being a mom and I just do the best I can and then I rely on the Lord and he helps me do the rest.

Mathew and Mark and now we need a Luke and John--lol
 They wore each other out.



3 comments:

  1. I thought you were going to announce something?!? We have a play date with my friend down the street every week too! She has a boy a year older than mace and a 4.5 month old girl. It is so fun to see Mason interact with them and learn from them too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alisa! (Formerly Sister Prisbrey here!) Your baby boy is so adorable! I love your family! So cute! And I love that my trainer is still so strong in the faith! You go girl! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  3. To your comment that "I know that the Lord will continue to lead and guide us. I have come to the point in my life that I am done doing things my way, I want to do the Lord's will and I know that with his help I can do hard things. He will give me the strength and courage that I need. I love being a mom and I just do the best I can and then I rely on the Lord and he helps me do the rest.", all I have to say is "AMEN". It's a hard lesson to learn, but when you let go of the steering wheel, you find out HE was holding it all the time. Love you, Alisa.

    ReplyDelete